PE & SS Premium/ JUMP Funding
The Government invest £320m per year directly into primary schools with the objective of achieving self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport.
There is a long term vision that all pupils leave primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Key performance indicators for schools are:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged five to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Key Indicator Graphic
How to spend/how not to spend the fundingDos-and-Donts
PE & Sports Premium Funding evidence of impact document for 2019/20
(This document is being reviewed/developed by newly appointed PE subject leader as of June 2020)PESS Premium 19-20 pdf
Previous impact document can also be download at the bottom of the page:
Jump Action Plan & FundingJump Plan