We are the Champions!
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS! WEST YORKSHIRE SPORTS PREMIUM AWARD WINNERS FOR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
Since January 2020 we have been developing a physically active programme which has included:
1. Specific PE lesson taught by our PE leader Mr O’Brien
2. A whole school enrichment programme on a Friday afternoon which focuses on physical activity and includes: bikes, scooters, loose parts play and trips to Pitty Beck
4. We have also developed a range of support sessions which include Forest Schools and ‘Cook and Move’ and these are both focused on healthy eating, being outside and physical activity.
We have purchased 15 bikes and 15 scooters, all classes will have their own equipment bag for outside play and we have mini bus so we can take pupils off site to support their learning through play.
Our future plans include:
1. Purchasing more bikes and having cycle to school days
2. KS2 will receive pedometers and we will be planning active travel days
3. We will be buying a traverse wall for the playground and developing our loose parts play and outdoor classroom
As a result of all this we have won the ‘West Yorkshire Sports Premium Award’ for being physically active.
A huge achievement and thank you to all the staff and particularly Mr O ‘Brien for all his enthusiasm and dedication.