The Academy at St James works in partnership with many different agencies and support organisations. This level of collaboration means that a supportive plan can be developed to meet your child’s needs both in and out of school.
We regularly host meetings to monitor the provision and make changes, when necessary, to Individual Learner Passports, My Support Plans and Education, Health and Care Plans. This provides an opportunity for you to be updated about the progress of your child and ask any questions you may have.
In order to quickly identify and meet the needs of pupils with speech, language and communication difficulties we have a commissioned Speech and Language Therapist who holds sessions in school once every two weeks.
We also access support from the Educational Psychology Service to ensure that individual pupil’s needs are met.
Listed below are some of the outside agencies with whom we work collaboratively:
- Bradford Children’s Services Special Educational Needs Team
- Bradford Children’s Services Early Years Team
- Bradford Children’s Services Autism Spectrum Team
- Bradford Children’s Services Hearing Impairment Team
- Bradford Children’s Services Learning Difficulties Team
- Bradford Children’s Services Physical Difficulties Team
- Bradford Children’s Services Social, Emotional and Mental Health Team
- Bradford Children’s Services Educational Psychology Team
- Speech and Language Therapy Service
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
- Families First
We also have a children’s counsellor who works with identified children within school once a week.
If you require any further information about any of these external agencies, please contact the SENDCO.