Following our most recent SIAMS inspection we are delighted with the result. The Academy St James is a good church school and we could not be happier with the result. A huge congratulations to all the children, staff and families as well as the community of Allerton and St. James Church, Thornton. Harry Gwinnet, our local incumbant, who visits every week has supported the school throughout and we must thank him to. They said some wonderful things about the school:
- Staff care deeply about ensuring that every child is nurtured so that they can achieve their best. All understand this vision to be underpinned by the love that they demonstrate for one another.
- The curriculum has been expressly designed to meet the needs of this community. It raises aspirations in original and imaginative ways so that pupils and families ‘expect more’ and achieve their best
- The school effectively supports and promotes pupils’ spiritual development. As a result, pupils know that their viewpoints are valued, but are equally confident if they are challenged. They say all their ideas are valued and that the teachers are very accepting of all pupils’ views.
- A Year 5 pupil said, ‘I love this school, I am always really encouraged, and it helps me to feel good about myself’.
- One pupil said, ‘people believe different things, we need to know that that’s ok, so that we are respectful to everyone’.
A huge congratulations to everyone linked to St James- we are all very proud of you.
Please click here to read our report
Click on the Parent View link here to give Ofsted your views about the school.