2 Year Old Provision
2 Year Old Provision – ‘The Lively Ladybirds’
Welcome to our 2 year old provision
We are pleased to announce our 2 year old Nursery provision will be opening in September 2020. 15 hour sessions will run Monday to Friday from 8:40am – 11:40am or 12:30pm – 3:30pm. Parents can also pay to top up their child’s sessions to full times places 8:40am – 3:15pm Monday to Friday.
We are very fortunate to be opening ‘The Lively Ladybirds’ room at our school. If you know of anyone who would be interested, please spread the word and ask them to contact the school on 01274 777095 or email email@example.com for more information.
Our Early Years curriculum is carefully planned to make sure that all children thrive and achieve. In the Two Year Old Provision we will focus on the Three Prime areas. These areas are crucial for a child’s learning and development. These three prime areas are:
- Personal, social and emotional development;
- Communication and language;
- Physical development;
We aim to support each child to identify their own sense of identity and self – worth, as well as focusing on each and every child’s individual needs and interests. Good early years, education from a young age, can help to boost child development and that is why we are offering families a chance to get a head start for their children.
We have a limited number of free early education places for 2 year olds in our ‘Lively Ladybirds’.
Eligible children will be entitled to up to 15 hours per week free childcare. Parents can pay for additional hours, at £15 per 3 hour session. If you work, you may be eligible to claim the ‘childcare’ element of Working Tax Credit, or your employer may provide a Childcare Voucher scheme to help you with the cost of your childcare fees.
What are the eligibility criteria for families?
To qualify for a free place you must evidence that you are in receipt of one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The ‘Guarantee’ element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit and the annual gross household income does not exceed £16,190, as assessed by HMRC, & the family is not in receipt of Working Tax Credit
- Children in the care of the local authority
- Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190
Children with a current statement of special educational needs (SEN) or an education, health and care plan or who are accessing disability living allowance may also be eligible.
Check your eligibility for free 2 Year Old Provision here.
If you would like to put your child’s name down for a 2YO place, please ring the school office on 01274 777095, call into school or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligible children will be able to attend the term after he/she is two, up until the end of the term that he/she reaches three. At this point, children will be eligible for a free nursery education place and automatically move into our Nursery Classroom. More information about 2 year old places can be found here.
There are many recognised benefits to attending 2 Year Old provision in a school setting:
- children experience continuity of education and care without the disruption of transition from age 2 or 3 to the end of the Nursery year, with 2 year olds receiving priority admission to Nursery in the term following their 3rd birthday.
- enables children to work with staff who have time to get to know them really well.
- enables parents to build relationships with the school community, providing support for the whole of their primary school career.
- where possible to provide extended care to support parents’ training or return to work.
We are so excited to be opening our new room and look forward to seeing all of the new children start. If you need any further information, please contact school.