What should I do if I need help?
Help from school
Teachers can be contacted through Class Dojo. School will also be contactable on 01274 777095
What if I can’t care for my child?
If you are unable to care for your child, you need to seek the help and support of your family and extended networks. Should you require advice on how to do this safely please contact Bradford Council’s children’s services on 01274 435600 for advice.
Should your child have an allocated social worker please contact the allocated social worker directly or the duty social worker for the area team.
What if my child doesn’t get free school meals but I am having difficulty feeding them?
Contact your nearest local school that has remained open so that they can arrange for your child and/or you to have a meal.
A list of the open schools will be on the Bradford Council website from Monday. In the meantime, please contact your normal school for details of the open school in your community.
Other useful contact numbers
- Job Centre Plus Benefits Enquiry line: 0345 604 3719
- You can find local help on the Money Advice Service website.
- Citizens Advice Bureau: 0844 111 444. To find your local advice centre go to http://www.divabradford.org.uk
- Housing advice: The Housing Options Service – housing advice: 01274 435999
- Samaritans: 24-hour helpline for the depressed, distressed and suicidal: 08457 909090
- If you need support for your mental health, advice and support is available online at My Wellbeing College.
- Meal provision for the vulnerable or those in isolation in the Bradford district can be found at Wellsprings Together.
- Bevan House: advice and support centre for the homeless and asylum seekers: 01274 322400
- National domestic violence helpline: 0800 200 0247
- Lone parent support: 0808 802 0925
- NHS 111: telephone 111
- NSPCC: 01274 769800
- PALS: NHS patient advice and liaison service: 01274 364021 for Bradford Royal Infirmary or 01274 365853 for Airedale General Hospital
- Relate: relationship and individual counselling:
- Bradford Council’s children’s services: 01274 435600
- NHS search service: for help with finding a GP, dentist or hospital phone 111