At the Academy St James we place great importance on trying to work with and support the community in which we are lucky enough to serve. Our core values of: community, peace, respect, forgiveness, courage and trust shape our daily work and this is all driven by desire to work with and support our local community.
In the last 2 years we have developed a programme of community events which include:
1. A spooky ball
2. A community firework display
3. A community Christmas Extravaganza
4. A community writing competition
5. Our community Eid Party
5. A community picnic on the last day of term
6. A whole school trip out – this year we went to Filey and it was fantastic! What an amazing day!
We also come together at Thornton Church 4 times a year and work with a number of local organisations such as:
1. Cafe West- http://www.cafewest.org.uk/
2. A local Nursing Home
3. Pitty Beck- Www.bradford-beck.org
4. Lower Grange
As a school we have worked hard with our parents and we run a number of parent workshops which have been very successful. They include:
1. NESSIE- A programme to support mums
2. ESOL- this support through Bradford College
3. Henry programme- this is to support parents around healthy living and eating
4. Regular coffee mornings
5. Our Forest School project with Phil Lowde –http://www.bearandlapor.co.uk/
We believe that we work in a wonderful, caring and talented community and it is our job to learn and grow as a school community everyone in it.
Below are a selection of photos from our Community Events: