SEND Staff Training
All staff members have on-going training in a range of special educational needs and disabilities.
- Current whole school training is currently focusing on developing children’s vocabulary using Word of the Day and focusing on the vocabulary that children are learning each day.
- We have a number of staff who have received training to support children with speech, language and communication needs (SLCN). This includes training on using NELI with Reception children, colour coding vocabulary training and the Black Sheep training materials.
- Staff members supporting pupils with physical and medical needs receive specialised training which is specific to their particular responsibilities. This includes manual handling training and support and guidance from the Physiotherapy team to use techniques and phyiso exercises and equipment with children in school.
- Support staff are trained to use a variety of interventions to support the SEND needs of children in school. These interventions include precision teach, toe-by-toe, Read Write Inc, PM Benchmarking.
- We have a number of staff in school who are trained in adult and child mental health first aid. These staff can be contacted through the school office on 01274 777095.
- We have a nominated Mental Health Champion in school and several staff who have completed a CACHE Level 2 Children and Young Peoples Mental Health Course
- All staff have completed CACHE Level 2 Understanding Behaviour that Challenges.