Here at Academy St James, we use the “PSHE and Me” scheme throughout the school.
This is divided into the following topics:-
- Careers, financial capability and economic wellbeing;
- Physical health and wellbeing;
- Keeping safe and managing risks;
- Identity, Society and Equality;
- Drug, alcohol and tobacco education;
- Mental health and emotional wellbeing;
- Sex and relationship education.
We also cover safeguarding themes through the following:-
- Anti bullying;
- Hate crimes;
- E saftey weeks with constant reminders weekly through collective worships.
- Drug awareness
- Online safety
- Extremisim and radicalisation (year 5 & 6)
We work in partnership with OBON – One Britain, One Nation.
We celebrate our differences and similiarities with all who live and work in our local community.
Click on the above link to see details of this network.
We gather together 5 times a week to worship and strengthern our understanding of events and cleberations around the world. During this time, we also focus upon British values and our school rules.