Here at Academy St James, we use the “PSHE and Me” scheme throughout the school.
This is divided into the following topics:-
- Careers, financial capability and economic wellbeing;
- Physical health and wellbeing;
- Keeping safe and managing risks;
- Identity, Society and Equality;
- Drug, alcohol and tobacco education;
- Mental health and emotional wellbeing;
- Sex and relationship education.
We also cover safeguarding themes through the following:-
- Anti bullying;
- Hate crimes;
- E safety weeks with constant reminders weekly through collective worships.
- Drug awareness
- Online safety
- Extremism and radicalization (year 5 & 6)
Here are some examples of the planning that teachers have completed for their lessons.
We work in partnership with OBON – One Britain, One Nation.
We celebrate our differences and similarities with all who live and work in our local community.
Click on the above link to see details of this network.
We have close networks with our secondary feeder schools. At the start of this term and over lockdown, secondary schools kept in touch with our year 6’s to help with their transition.
We gather together 5 times a week to worship and strengthen our understanding of events and celebrations around the world. During this time, we also focus upon British values and our school rules. Even during this difficult period of Covid restrictions. We are still meeting via zoom to access collective worship and celebration assemblies.
Charity work within school
This November, we took part in our Remembrance service for the fallen armed forces. We visited our local cenataph in Allerton.
Anti bullying week
This week we have been talking about how we can look after each other and how to ask for help if we are upset or scared. We took part in the odd sock day and wore yellow for Pudsey bear day.