Geography vision at The Academy at St James
Please find the following links to support your Geography learning at home:
We want our children be active global citizens who value, respect and appreciate planet Earth and its peoples. We want our children to value their own, and others, surroundings and understand how they can impact our changing world.
Our implementation of high quality teaching of geography is as follows:
- Children are aware that they are learning geography!
- Lessons develop geography concepts, skills and knowledge.
- Questions are used to develop an enquiring, geographical mind.
- We use globes, atlases, maps and compasses to expand our knowledge and skills
- We study physical and human features of geographical locations locally, nationally and internationally.
- We make links between our local and worldwide geography.
- We use fieldwork to gather data about places we are studying.
At St James we want our children to leave having a sense of possibilities and adventures which can be had all around the world, whilst developing their confidence, to take journey’s great and small.
We also want children to be environmentally responsible and take positive action to make a difference at both local and global levels.
Geography Enquiries Overview